Can I get legal protection to prevent a forced marriage?

Yes. Under the Forced Marriage Act 2007, you can apply to designated courts in England and Wales for a Forced Marriage Civil Protection Order. You can also ask someone to do so on your behalf. These orders can be used to prevent someone being forced into a marriage or to protect someone if a forced marriage has already taken place. A person may be arrested if they breach an order.