We are offering face to face advocacy services for victims and survivors of honour-based abuse and forced marriage across West Yorkshire. This is a piloted project funded by Lloyds Foundation.
What we offer:
- Face to face support for victims and survivors of Forced marriage and honour-based abuse.
- Confidential emotional support using an empathic, non-judgmental, victim focussed approach.
- Experts that recognise the risks of these issues and can assess accordingly.
- Assistance accessing relevant services/organisations using a multi-agency approach with both voluntary and statutory organisations in West Yorkshire.
- Someone who can speak to professionals on the victim/survivor’s behalf when they feel they cannot themselves.
- A professional who can advocate to professionals in order to ensure specific risks are understood and handled correctly in accordance with the statutory guidelines.
Who can refer to the advocacy support service?
Referrals can only be made by professionals.
Does the victim/survivor need to consent to this support?
Yes, we require the victim to have consented prior to making contact with them.
How long will the support last for?
Face to face support will be for 6 weeks. Following this, the victim/survivor will have ongoing support from the helpline if needed.
Is the advocate legally trained?
No, Karma Nirvana does not offer legal advice however can refer to relevant services that do.
What is the referral process into the advocacy service?